Volvo Group Accounting Specialist/Accounts Payable in Kansas City, Missouri
The purpose of this job is to provide timely and accurate payment processes for all accounts payable expenses, as well as to contribute to good vendor relations.
• Obtain and verify documentation to process payment for accounts payable
• Verify incoming A/P batches for accuracy
• Perform required data entry functions processing A/P
• Print and distribute A/P checks on timely basis
• Ensure that policies and procedures are applied to payment processes
• Perform research and problem solving for vendor account reconciliation
• Provide reporting to upper management as required
• Safeguard physical supply of checks, restricting access
• Keep A/P records on file for easy access by accounting department
• Shred voided checks
• File forms 1099 at year end
• Set up and maintain all vendor records including scanning Forms W-9, this helps with accuracy of Form 1099
• Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback nondefensively.
• Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders.
• Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results.
• Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
• Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, and pitching in to get the job done.
• Quality Advocate: Championing the quality process by reinforcing the organization's vision, quality values, and quality processes and by fostering the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE: (when applicable)
• Proficient in Accounts Payable system on AS400 system
• Knowledge of General Ledger system on AS400 system
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Arrow Truck Sales, Inc. is the leading retailer of used medium and heavy duty trucks in North America, with locations throughout the US and Canada. It is our mission to be the premier used truck sales company that promotes loyalty from our customers, opportunities for our employees and fair returns to our shareholders. Arrow Truck Sales, Inc. is part of the Volvo Group, a publicly held company headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Auto req ID
Arrow Truck Sales
Travel Required (Maximum)
Last application date
Finance & Control
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer E.O.E/M/F/Disability/Veteran